Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jumeirah Hotels

So after watching Rory McIlroy dominate the US Open (golf) last weekend I was asking myself, what is that company that he is always sporting on his shirt and hat? I had to do a little research as to what is Jumeirah. It turns out it is a hotel chain, not the biggest chain by any means, but very fancy hotel brand. I went and found a print advertisement pictured below.



So the advertisement says "Because making an entrance is important." It features an elegantly dressed woman with what seems to be a puma on a leash walking into a very fancy hotel lobby. There is lots to pick apart in the advertisement so I'll start with the quotation. Clearly they want people to focus on the elegance that the hotel brings, not only in the quality of an entrance they make, but by the people that stay there.

This woman is very different than any woman I have seen in hotel advertising, I've seen beautifully dressed but not with the way she makes her entrance. With the uniqueness of the puma in the picture, it brings to question how unique this woman is and the hotel where she chooses to stay. It is great advertising because it includes the greatness of the hotel and how they actually look, along with the culture they try to make as part of the experience of staying in one of their hotels.

Seeing a hotel lobby so fancy makes me wish I could stay there and the puma chained in the picture makes me think what kind of "wild" fun I could have while at the same time remaining classy and elegant like the woman featured in the print advertisement.

So thank you Rory McIlroy for making me see how intriguing this chain of Jumeirah Hotels is. And congrats on your first Major win.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, thanks for the research - I was wondering the same thing. I had guessed that it was a resort but never checked it out!

    ReplyDelete