Saturday, July 9, 2011

Built Like a Volkswagen

I remember growing up and having a pinata at my birthday party when I was seven years old. My father had the pinata tied to a stick which he was just dangling while I had my eyes closed trying to hit it. I managed to hit my cousin with the bat in the process rather than breaking open the pinata. That experience made me appreciate this commercial by Volkswagen so much more.


So after watching the little kid with all his might try to break open the Volkswagen pinata I was able to laugh about it from two perspectives, my own experience, and how ridiculously impossible it was to break open the Volkswagen pinata. Even the father in the commercial became intrigued with the difficulty of what seems to be a simple task, to break the pinata and had to try for himself.

The father then failed miserably just like the kid, talk about embarrassing. It was pretty easy to tell it was a Volkswagen because they made sure that there was a big logo on the front of the pinata pointing out that it was a Volkswagen. It was a rather large logo as a lead in towards how the pinata was "Built like a Volkswagen." This meaning that the Volkswagen vehicles themselves are very strong and dependable. They are very difficult to destroy and will be "hanging" around forever.

"At the scene of a child's birthday party, the strength of the 2011 Tiguan is demonstrated when even a father cannot break the SUV-shaped VW pinata." This is the description of the commercial provided by VW and they couldn't have described it better. It puts the strength of the SUV in a fun light, full of surprises just like a pinata is. A great way to show the vehicle in a unique way.

The audience being sought by the commercial is a young family. This is a great way to capture future clients because once they become a VW owner, it will be easier in the future to keep them buying the product so long as a sufficient job is done creating the vehicle and brand itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment