Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Car

So I was recently in the hunt for a new car because my old car died. In my researching on cars I found an advertisement for a car that looked pretty cool and turned out in the end to be the car that I had just bought. I was looking at a Hyundai Sonata when I saw the advertisement for the Chevrolet Malibu on the side. My being a student I was looking for low financing over a medium to long length of time. Seeing this is on the side made me click on through.


To be fair it is not like I wasn't already curious about the Malibu, it was simply that seeing the advertisement sped up the process of me going to look at the Malibu. Also the advertisement got me off of the website with reviews on the Hyundai that I was looking at. So that advertisement did two things to help their company, it got me interested enough to click on the ad and it took me away from a competitor. 

Although I do think that they could have done better with this advertisement, it doesn't pop off the page and grab my attention, I just happen to read the advertisement banners on the side of websites and so happen to be investing my time in exactly what they were advertising. 

One of the things I find really good about this advertisement though is that the fine print isn't something that tells you that the ad is just a dream like most of the fine print usually is, but it is actually helpful and makes me want to click through even more. It tells you how the financing would work based on $1000 which makes it easier for everyone to understand. 

In the end I ended up with this sweet new ride and Chevy is able to say that their advertising works!


No comments:

Post a Comment